Thursday, October 13, 2022

Know Yourself

KNOW YOURSELF 

Know yourself they say 
and don’t be led astray
but how can I know who I am 
when I’m different every day?

Some days I’m the smart one 
with the answers people need 
and some days I’m the strong one 
standing up to take the lead.

On other days I’m sure 
that if the wind blew me too hard 
I would shatter like a glass
into a million tiny shards.

And on those days I cower 
and I hide out from the world
waiting on my inner child
to blossom and unfurl.

And each day I’m surprised 
by the newness that I see
the things I’m finding out
the complexity of me.

So how to know yourself 
when you’re all things rolled in one? 
you simply must decide
to love whatever you become.

Donna Ashworth
From ‘I Wish I Knew

No comments:

Post a Comment