Friday, January 1, 2021

Reflections of My Mother '99

 


I glanced into the mirror...
never dreaming that I'd see
A face, one so familiar...
smiling back at me.

I saw your loving smile, so warm...
the crinkle round your eyes
I heard your gentle laughter...
your often soothing sighs.

In conversation with family and friends.. 
I hear your wise voice in mine
I pause and think of years gone by...
in another place and time.

You nurtured me and watched me grow...
held me when I cried
And although I often stumbled...
You were always at my side.

You shared the love of God with me
taught me how to pray
And often when unsure...
You helped me find the way.

I'm often told I'm just like you...
A compliment that I treasure
For within my heart I know we share...
A love beyond all measure.

 -author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment